About Tim Green MSc, MIPS
Since 2009, Tim has been working as an Acoustic Consultant measuring and assessing sound, providing written reports and giving evidence at appeals as a Professional Witness.
He is a highly committed and professional Acoustic Consultant with excellent communication skills and extensive experience in sound, demonstrated through both practical application and presentation of that knowledge.
Recent achievements are in the field of identifying and resolving noise issues
through the measurement and reporting of environmental sound, a successful case history of appearances as a Professional Witness across sites impacted by road, rail and air traffic noise at planning appeals and lecturing on the MSc in Applied Acoustics, and the Institute of Acoustics Diploma and short courses at the University of Derby.
His ability to work with people in changing situations supports both the taught and consultancy environments. This is born out in the strong thread of consultancy projects following a successful career of 21 years in the BBC.
His presentation of recent acoustical studies has been made to National and Regional meetings of the Institute of Acoustics.
Tim is an expert Acoustic Consultant specialising in:
- Sound and Acoustics
- Environmental Sound Monitoring and reporting, Residential, commercial and Industrial sound environments
- Assessing noise impact and the contextual issues that arise with Environmental and Industrial Sound environments
- Designing solutions to improve Room Acoustics
- The mitigation of sound
- Enhancing sound aesthetics and quality to enrich listeners experience
- Appearance as a Professional Witness